Tuesday, September 27, 2011
MyScrapRoom's swap for Sept was to alter an acrylic frame and to make it a Desk Caddy. My partner wanted a Halloween theme for hers. I added one large note pad and one post it which I found at Target. I also added the resign piece I found at Michaels. Added some lace, trim, a glittery leaf, a flower and a small spider on the right. I really had fun making this caddy. Leave a comments and TFSB.
This months challenge was to decorate a paper bag for Halloween. I kept my design a little simple. I had so much trouble with my Cricut when it came to cutting out pieces with small details. But I was able to cut this spider web using the "Paper Doll Dress Up" cartridge, and added purple stickles to give it that sparkle. The mat designer paper is by Recollections I inked the edges then added stickers, aspider, a digital image, and cut down two cupcake toppers (Boo and ghost & pumpkins). On the reverse side I just added a witches tag with clothes pin. Really simple and cute. TFSB
Sunday, September 11, 2011
I picked up the new Princess cartridge and cut a few shoes for Halloween. This is so much easier to have the Cricut cut the shoe. I used the Toil & Trouble glittered swirl paper for the black ones and regular cardstock for the orange ones. Also, the orange flower which is made from satin ribbon I learned how to make from Jannaviles on youtube. They came out so cute, they will be part of my Halloween display this year. TFSB